How A 9 Volt Battery Can Start a House Fire

After living through a fire in his own house, Dave shares the lessons he learned during his experience. In this first video, he shows how a simple 9 volt battery started his house fire. Please share this message with friends and families so that they can learn to be safe with batteries.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

126 Responses to How A 9 Volt Battery Can Start a House Fire

  1. Wanda Lindsey says:

    Did not realize this. Thank you.

    Like

  2. Kellie Weiss says:

    Didnt know this could happen.

    Like

  3. Shirley Dierks says:

    This is something that needs to be talk about how scary! Yes please send me more info!

    Like

  4. Chris Dixon says:

    Thank you

    Like

  5. Rebecca says:

    God Bless you&your family! Thank you for the info!!

    Like

  6. mimi says:

    praise the Lord that you’re all ok including your pets. Thank you for sharing. A house fire is always a tragedy and experienced a minor one but I thought time it was a major one for me as well. Thank you for your information god bless your family and you

    Like

  7. I never thought of what those little batteries can do
    We keep all the new batteries in a drawer I’m going to tell my husband and we will charge how we store them. Thank you for posting your message it could safe someone’s life

    Like

  8. I don’t know u, though I feel that u r a very wise couple. Yes, I would be interested in your videos and would be more than happy to share your wisdom as I learn myself n teach my friends n family! Thank you so much for sharing this and I do so hope it helps someone else as it did me! God Bless, Paula Stewart

    Like

  9. Debbie Stokes-Hare says:

    Thank you

    Like

  10. Maria da Silva Maselli says:

    Wiw, I can’t believe it. Îm on a mission to clear old batteries from our home. What about packs of new ones in drawers, some 1/2 opened…?!
    Thanx for sharing.
    maria

    Like

  11. jody williams says:

    Thanks for sharing

    Like

  12. Courtney says:

    Thank you for your information. I didn’t know this things and also save batteries to recycle

    Like

  13. Francine says:

    thank u for sharing your information about the batteries I have a lot of them laying around the apartment without tape also I will gladly share this on f.b

    Like

  14. John Duff says:

    Thank you for sharing I as well was not aware of this Sorry for your loss Im going to go check the drawers for batteries now

    Like

  15. lisa trigg says:

    Very informative

    Like

  16. ivonne says:

    Sharing is caring. Thank you!

    Like

  17. Julia vandyke says:

    Thank you so much!

    Like

  18. txhornedtoad says:

    Thank You for sharing your video. God Bless You and Your Family.

    Like

  19. Ronna says:

    Thank you

    Like

  20. ShirleyAnn says:

    thanks for sharing. Please share other safety tips with me.

    Like

  21. Victoria Gallas says:

    Im an RN on a remote telemetry floor.Our tele boxes are 9 volt powered and only last 24 hrs or so.We have so many batteries lying around in tubs waiting to be recycled its scary.Im alerting my director about this,thank you

    Like

  22. barry says:

    i would like to recive videos

    Like

  23. M Adams says:

    Thanks for sharing this information!

    Like

  24. Linda Walker says:

    GOOD INFORMATION. THANK YOU. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR HOUSE FIRE, THANK GOD EVERY GOT OUT OKAY.

    Like

  25. Linda Walker says:

    Thank god no one was hurt.

    Like

  26. Gayle Baker says:

    Thank you for sharing this informative video. I had no idea that a fire could be started by a 9 volt battery. I’m so glad your family and pets are safe!
    God Bless you!

    Like

  27. nicole says:

    thank G-d you’re all okay. would definitely appreciate any further help on keeping my family safe

    Like

  28. Tracy Handley says:

    Thank yo so much for sharing that information.

    Like

  29. Daryl Crabtree says:

    Thank you for sharing this information. God bless you.

    Like

  30. sorry to hear what had happen but yes I would like toget more safety tips

    Like

  31. Harry Frost says:

    that was a very interesting video on the 9 Volt batteries good to know. I will make sure that other people know about this. Thank you

    Like

  32. monta vaca says:

    Please send information! Thank you!

    Like

  33. Rich D says:

    I have cautioned the local ACE Hardware about this very matter! I’m going to share this video with them. Everyone should do likewise to anyone or any store that accepts batteries for recycling!

    Like

  34. Jean says:

    Sorry to hear that and thanks for that info

    Like

  35. Patty K says:

    Thank you and glad no one hurt.

    Like

  36. Jorge Hernandez says:

    Very interesting information anything that can help increase safety awareness is most welcome . Thanks for sharing and God bless

    Like

  37. lola says:

    Thanks for the info!

    Like

  38. S says:

    LUCKY NO WAS HURT. TODAY ON CATALINA A HARBOR PATROL WAS CRUSHED TO DEATH TRYING TO SAVE A BIG BOAT FROM STORM WAVES. I HOPE PEOPLE LEARNED TO STAY CLEAR AND CALL THE INSURANCE CO.

    Like

  39. Karen Mettille says:

    Thank you.

    Like

  40. Patti Trumbull says:

    I would like to share this with all my family
    Members. Some of them don’t use Facebook.

    Like

  41. Charity schnars says:

    Thank you. Prayers for you and your family

    Like

  42. Rdleedy says:

    Thank for the information

    Like

  43. Barbara says:

    Thank you for I didn’t know this could happen

    Like

  44. Linda says:

    Sorry for your tragedy but I’m glad everyone is safe. Thanks for sharing your story.

    Like

  45. Myrna Bell says:

    Thank you for the great advice!

    Like

  46. Ralf Larson says:

    Very good informations!

    Like

  47. Robin Lussier says:

    Thank You!

    Like

  48. Sandy Bathe says:

    My Son has done for restorations and warned me pic this danger, thanks so much for sharing your story! Most have no idea.

    Like

    • Sandy Bathe says:

      My Son has done fire restorations and warned me of this danger, thanks so much for sharing your story! Most have no idea.

      Like

  49. Tracy Alston says:

    Thank you for sharing this. But above all THANK GOD YOU ALL ARE OKAY.

    Like

  50. Cindyskatescho says:

    Thx for this. I didn’t know this. This, however, makes me question removing 9v batteries before their life is expended. Maybe we should use them until they start making our fire detectors beep, telling us that the battery is dead and needs to be replaced. So my question would be, if the battery is dead, how could the charge create a fire as there would be no charge left, right?

    Like

Comments are closed.